Pondering some of the recent trends in horror, one thing is certainly clear: demonic possessions are in. (Are they ever really out?)
The list literally goes on and on.
Cinemax’s new horror-drama series Outcast that debuted this summer hopped onto that terrifying bandwagon … but the show (based on the comic book series by famed The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman and artist Paul Azaceta) does things a little differently.
Here are seven things we learned about demonic possession from one of our new favorite shows:
- You can literally punch the demon out of someone.
- Demons aren’t as bad as you think – in fact, some people prefer them.
- Some demons have really bad luck and end up in decrepit bodies.
- Sometimes bad parenting is really just demonic possession.
- It’s often really hard to tell the difference between a demon and a crappy human.
- Demons are totally OK with sharing.
- Forget the holy water, if you suspect demonic possession, just go find the kid from Almost Famous.
We hope that gets you through until the show’s return next season. Until then, watch out for them demons.